Welcome to the UKCloud Service Status page. This page enables you to monitor the availability and overall health of our platforms.
If you need help finding Region and Zone information, see here: https://docs.ukcloud.com/articles/other/other-ref-services-by-region.html
If you're having issues that aren't reflected here please contact us through https://portal.ukcloud.com.
Planned Maintenance - NHS Digital DNS Change Freeze
In order to manage the transition of the NHS Digital DNS service from the Transition Network (TN - Formerly N3) to the Health & Social Care Network (HSCN), NHS Digital have advised that there will be a change freeze in place for DNS records during two key periods of the transition.
Change freeze dates can be found on the NHS Digital 2020 DNS Transition page:
Monday 29 June 04:00 - Friday 10 July 08:00
Wednesday 22 July 04:00 - Wednesday 5 August 08:00
Impact to customer?
It is expected that the transition will be seamless to users and DNS resolution will continue unaffected. However, any requests for DNS record changes received by NHS Digital during these periods will be logged and actioned at the end of the change freeze. Organisations should plan any DNS record change requests outside of these dates.
Further information on the transition of the NHS Digital DNS service can be found on the NHS Digital 2020 DNS Transition page:
Planned Maintenance – Farnborough Datacentre Cody Park A101 DR6: Fixed Wire Testing – 11 July 2020 – “A” Stream
ARK out Datacentre supplier will be performing further electrical work to meet regulatory requirements. The maintenance will require power feeds to be sequentially shutdown to allow for verification. The change is isolated to a single datacentre located in Farnborough.
Saturday 11 July 03:00 – Sunday 12 July 23:59 – “A” Stream
Saturday 25 July 03:00 – Sunday 26 July 23:59 – “B” Stream
Impact to customer?
During the testing, power will be disabled to one of the supplies resulting in a loss of redundancy. We do not anticipate any outages, but customers may want to make additional arrangements in the event of any problems.
We conduct a periodic review of all infrastructure within the Data Centre and a summary is as follows:
1. Within the suite, all devices are powered by both “A” and “B” feeds, or are connected to an Automated Transfer Switch (“ATS) that will maintain power during the loss of one feed.
2. Where a UKCloud device has only one power supply, it will be one of a pair (as a minimum) designed for resilience.
3. For customers utilising our Cloud Enablement service, the single socket is protected by an ATS.
4. When running on one stream, the redundant UPS array is capable of supporting our entire infrastructure for four hours, without generator backup.
5. At loss of grid power, the redundant (dual) generator infrastructure is configured to automatically turn on, and will be brought on-line within eight seconds of the power loss. These generators supply through the UPS infrastructure to maintain clean and stable power and are tested monthly.
6. We have taken every precaution possible and are ensuring that ARK and their contractors have the spare parts available should they identify a fault.
Change reference number: ARK CRQ789843 / CRQ789845