Welcome to the UKCloud Service Status page. This page enables you to monitor the availability and overall health of our platforms.
If you need help finding Region and Zone information, see here: https://docs.ukcloud.com/articles/other/other-ref-services-by-region.html
If you're having issues that aren't reflected here please contact us through https://portal.ukcloud.com.
Retirement Notice Region 5 (Corsham) OSP10. Urgent Action Required
UKCloud will be retiring the Region 5, OSP10 region on 1 July 2021
. Customers must take action now to either migrate onto the new OSP13 region or remove the OSP10 workloads. After 1 July 2021
this OSP10 region will be turned off as Red Hat will no longer be providing security patches and bug fixes, putting the safe operation of those workloads at risk.
Customers are at the heart of our operation and our Cloud Support Engineers (CSEs) are available to support you through the migration. You can look here for migration support in this Knowledge Centre article: https://docs.ukcloud.com/articles/openstack/ostack-how-use-hystax.html
Note – the new instances will be on a new external IP address in a new block and will necessitate DNS update changes, but our CSEs are on hand to help. Again, these IPs will remain free of charge until 1 July 2021
Please do not hesitate to contact UKCloud support or your Service Delivery Manager if you have any queries or concerns regarding the migration process. As a cloud provider, we
want to ensure that your workloads remain safe, secure and highly available and hope that you’ll enjoy the benefits of OSP13 (https://ukcloud.com/hub/news/ukcloud-for-openstack-queens-osp13-release/
Maintenance – Corsham Datacentre Spring Park SQ17 DR4: Upgrade of UPS @ SQ17 - Transfer ‘B’ Stream from ‘A’ stream to new ‘B’ stream, this requires a ‘B’ stream shut down
ARK our Datacentre supplier will be performing essential electrical upgrade works to meet regulatory requirements.
The maintenance will require a single power feed to be shutdown to allow for new equipment to be made operational. The change is isolated to a single datacentre located in Corsham.
These works are taking place as part of the ongoing testing regime that Ark runs to ensure Generators, UPS and switch gear etc are fully operational
Saturday 15 May 9:00 – Saturday 15 May 17:00 – “B” Stream shutdown
Impact to customer?
During the transfer, power will be disabled to one of the rooms electrical feeds resulting in a loss of redundancy. We do not anticipate any outages, but customers may want to make additional arrangements in the event of any problems.
Confidence is high, with the "Fixed Wire Testing" having concluded this year Ark have shown they are committed to managing such works professionally and delivering with no issue.
We conduct a periodic review of all infrastructure within the Data Centre and a summary is as follows:
1. Within the suite, all devices are powered by both “A” and “B” feeds, or are connected to an Automated Transfer Switch (“ATS) that will maintain power during the loss of one feed.
2. Where a UKCloud device has only one power supply, it will be one of a pair (as a minimum) designed for resilience.
3. For customers utilising our Cloud Enablement service, the single socket is protected by an ATS.
4. When running on one stream, the redundant UPS array is capable of supporting our entire infrastructure for four hours, without generator backup.
5. At loss of grid power, the redundant (dual) generator infrastructure is configured to automatically turn on, and will be brought on-line within eight seconds of the power loss. These generators supply through the UPS infrastructure to maintain clean and stable power and are tested monthly.
6. We have taken every precaution possible and are ensuring that ARK and their contractors have the spare parts available should they identify a fault.
Change Reference Number: CRQ5475
DS1 - Critical Infrastructure Maintenance
We need to make you aware that on the 27th April between the times of 07:00 and 17:00 the UKCloud DC team will be carrying out critical infrastructure maintenance. The work will take place in the subfloor area of the colocation racks the DS1 data suite. The work will address some cable and ATS power feed maintenance items.
During the maintenance window, all colocation bays in the DS1 suite will be continuously provided with power. The A or B power feed supply to the individual cabs ATS will be removed meaning the impact will be a loss of resilience to the ATS device.
During the maintenance window we will continue to monitor as well as having a DC team member designated to monitoring each Colo Rack in person as the work progresses.
No action is required, however If you have any questions or concerns, please raise a ticket on the portal and contact your Service Delivery Manager.